Sunday, August 14, 2016

Bumble Bee themed baby shower

Hi everyone! 
I'm new to the blog life and because I'm a new mom I recently decided to start some kind of blog. I did some browsing and at first I was going to focus my thoughts and type them into a mommy blog but decided to go against it. The thing is I don't want to be solely recognized for being a mom. As you read some of my blogs you'll see that here's so much more to me than just being a mom. Don't get me wrong, I love the online mommy community and I see it as a great support system but I would probably feel a little constricted if I was to stick to that forum. One of my joys in life is creating things. I love all kind of arts and music. Although I'm not that talented, I can come up with some pretty cool ideas. Because of this, I want to share how I was able to accomplish a bumble bee themed baby shower with the help of my best friend. Naturally, we browsed Pinterest and Etsy which are great sites for party-planning ideas.The theme seems to be pretty popular these days but when I was searching for ideas there weren't too many that appealed to me. Call me picky! Either way, this is my opportunity to share some of the pictures of my baby shower along with tips to stick with the theme. The bee theme worked out perfectly for my spring time shower.
I found plenty of shower invite templates on Etsy, I love that site! You can literally find anything and the service is awesome! I cropped out personal information but just wanted to show you an example.




Bee themed cake and a few snacks to match the black and yellow theme colors.

Centerpieces were made with mason jars, different types of sunflowers, pebbles and some moss-like stuff to take up space haha. All gathered from the craft store of course. I wish I had a better close up picture, this one really doesn't do it justice. (Note the burlap cloth table runner for a rustic feel.)

We found a really easy cake pop recipe online and made them from boxed cake mix of different flavors, and dipped them in already dyed melted chocolate. We then placed them on a standard  cupcake stand and decorated it with ribbons and burlap cloth. 

These were really easy chocolate dipped Oreos, continuing with the black and yellow theme. We then placed them in these cute, rustic baskets. 

Small flower details and bees really brought together the idea. 

This was my treat table with a honey comb design wall drop and burlap banner. "Sweet as Honey" letters made with a Cricut, that thing is amazing I advise you to buy one if you're into DYI projects. 

This was my accent table where we placed the party favors, and "guess the due date" calendar, baby pics of myself and my other half as babies and other small details.

These were my party favors: small mason jars with cloth and burlap stamped with "thank you". Tied the cloth with rope to keep it in place and to add detail. I filled them with honey and included an expiration date on the bottom. I ordered the jars and tiny honey dippers off amazon. Amazon Prime is a literal godsend!
Of course none of it would've been possible without my best friend and personal even coordinator Stephanie. Luh you much. And everyone else around me the provided nothing but love and support in celebrating the arrival of our child. You know who you are. Special thanks to the photographer: Kerry Joseph with Nexxdesigns out of CT for the beautiful pictures! 


.


No comments:

Post a Comment